Brake is an important part of automobiles. Most cars adopt front disc and rear drum brake structure. Generally, front brake pad wears relatively fast and rear brake shoe wears relatively long. The following aspects should be paid attention to in daily inspection and maintenance:
1. Under normal driving conditions, check the brake shoes once every 5000 kilometers, not only to check the remaining thickness, but also to check the wear condition of the shoes, whether the wear degree on both sides is the same, whether the return is comfortable, and so on. If the abnormal situation is found, it must be dealt with immediately.
2. Brake shoe is generally made up of iron lining plate and friction material. Remember not to replace shoe until the friction material part is worn out. For example, the front brake shoe of Jetta has a thickness of 14 mm, while the replacement limit thickness is 7 mm, including more than 3 mm of iron liner thickness and nearly 4 mm of friction material thickness. Some vehicles have brake shoe alarm function. Once the wear limit is reached, the instrument will alarm to change shoe. When the shoe reaches the limit of use, it must be replaced. Even if it can be used for a period of time, the braking effect will be reduced and the driving safety will be affected.
3. When replacing, had better use the OEM brake pads. Only in this way can the braking effect between the brake pads and the brake discs can be the best and the wear is the smallest.
4. When replacing shoes, special tools must be used to push back the brake pump. It can not be pressed back with other crowbars, which can easily lead to the bending of the guide screw of the brake calipers and make the brake pad stuck.
5. After replacing shoe pads, we must step brake pedal several times to eliminate the gap between shoe pads and brake discs, resulting in braking failure to cause accidents.
6. After the replacement of the brake shoes, the best braking effect can be achieved only by running after 200 kilometers. The newly changed shoes should be driven cautiously.